If anyone knows how to look fresh at 34,000 feet, it’s the cabin crew.
Learn about how they manage to maintain their glamorous appearance, even after the most gruelling long-haul journeys.
Cabin crew reveal top secrets to looking fresh on long flights.
1. Cabin Crew wear natural products based on plants for skin protection and to retain moisture when worn for long periods of time.
2. They use li balm continuously to prevent lips from drying out and cracking.
3. During the flight they use a clear hydration mask to hydrate the skin and use an alcohol free cleanser for make-up removal.
4. Before landing and applying make-up, they recommend to use a cleanser, moisturizer and an eye gel. This mini skin care routine will help the skin to appear vibrant and fresh.
5. Good anti-fatigue eye serums have a tightening effect and really help to energise tired looking eyes, ready for landing.
6. Under-eye concealers with light reflectors are recommended and for a fresh look, apply a tinted moisturiser, rather than using powder, to infuse the skin with moisture followed by a light blusher and lip gloss.
7. For men, use shaving oil to help soften the hairs and moisturise the area, preventing skin irritation and dryness. Using a shaving brush to apply the foam will act as a natural exfoliator.
8. Walking through the cabin is a good way to avoid blood circulation being impacted.
9. Processed snacks such as crisps and pretzels should definitely be avoided, as well as cheese and cold-cut meat which contains high amounts of sodium and will cause bloating while on-board.
10. Once on-board it’s a good habit to apply hair oil or serum to the ends of the hair to counteract this.
11. Dehydration will affect the skin in general especially the hands, face and cuticles during long haul flights. Drink lots of water throughout the flight and hydrate as much as possible in the days prior to flying by drinking water, fruit and vegetable juices (especially cucumber).
12. Water based foods including fruit and vegetables are the best options for long-haul travel as well as coconut water.
13. Cabin Crew sometimes use a pea-sized amount of hand cream or lip gloss to smooth down fly aways and control frizz, which works a treat.
14.Hydration sprays are a great way to maintain the moisture balance in the skin.
15. Although it’s tempting to enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine in-flight, caffeine and alcohol are both major causes of dehydration so we highly recommend going for a fruit juice instead.